Sister on a Mission

A Muslimah in the Midwest trying to counteract all the "war on terror" propaganda.

Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Tasmiya's Interview Questions

The following interview questions are from Tasmiya, a fellow blogging sister from Down Under! Visit her at tasmiya.fektasm.com

1. What sort of environment is for you the best for writing? Did that one even make sense? (Noise, total silence, white noise, food that sort of thing)

I don't care about the environment, I can write anywhere as long as A) there are not dozens of small feet with big voices and even bigger needs calling, "Mom!" "Mom, she hit me!" "Mom, can I feed milk to the fish?" and "Mom, can you help me with this project that involves creating nuclear fission and is due tomorrow?" and B) so long as I have a solid block of time to do it in. I have a friend who writes whenever she has a spare 30 seconds. I can't do that.

2.What's your favourite Surah and why?

Surat al Mu'minoon. It is comforting and full of deep theology. I like surat Maryam, too. Actually, I'm always finishing a surah and saying, "Oh, yeah, this is my new favorite surah." lol.

3. Who has been the most influential person in your life?

OK, this is corny, but it's my husband. He taught me the real meaning of trusting Allah. I used to be obsessed about control and certainty and having everything a certain way all the time. He taught me that control is just an illusion. He always reminds me of Allah when I need it most.

4. What has been the most picturesque place/city/country you've visited?

Montreal. I marched in a drum and bugle corps when I was 15 and we went there. New Orleans was nice, too . And I love New England.

5. If you could be "boss of the world" for one day (no restrictions on what you can and can't do and everyone has to do as you say - you've got political, financial and moral clout) what would be the first 3 things you'd do?

1. De-throne all dictators, both autocratic and democratic (starting with Bush and Sharon)
2. Institute an economy where food and goods are distributed fairly and not by market pressures (this goes hand-in-hand with destroying the interest banking system)
3. Implement universal hijab.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salaam: Loved your answers to Q5. I often play this "boss of the world" game with my husband but to be honest hijab was never on my list.

Sat Mar 12, 04:04:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home