Sister on a Mission

A Muslimah in the Midwest trying to counteract all the "war on terror" propaganda.

Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

muslim momma's interview

Muslim momma blogged me these interview questions!!


1. Did you find it hard to raise you kids here in the US?

Well....it's an ongoing thing, ya know? But I found it just as hard in Syria and Saudi. There are just different pressures. I almost like it here better b/c we can look at the larger society and say, "We don't do stuff drink and flirt and hook up because we're Muslims" and it's a very easily identifiable differentiation. Overseas when people do bad or dangerous stuff you can't say, "They're not Muslims" because ostensibly they are. Know what I mean?

2. What prompted you to start lecturing on Islam to non-Muslims?

Amina Assilmi. I saw her speak when I was very first Muslim and I said, "I wanna do that some day!"

3. What is your favorite food?

Sushi! And my secret vice is potato chips. Au Gratin or Flamin' Hot Lays! I loved the "California Dill" ones but they don't make them anymore.

4. Do you have big plans for when your kids leave the house and you become an empty nester?

To do activism full time, go to school, and go see the kids insha'Allah.

5. Do you find it hard to balance your personal interests with being a wife and mother?

Absolutely. I suffer from chronic Taffy Syndrome. I always feel pulled. When I'm at work I feel like I should be home and when I'm home I feel like I should be at work. But it's gotten better since I was sick last month and had to make some priority decisions and let some stuff go, alhamdulillah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home